Replacing or adding (installation article) a waste disposer can easily be a DIY project. However, there are some considerations to take into account before purchase, as requirements and technology continue to change.
Note: Check your electrical to make sure there is electrical power present. Is the electrical wired direct, or using a plug and outlet combination? A garbage disposal can be optioned to accommodate either.
Common Waste Disposer Questions
- Environmnetal Benefits
- Septic Assist & Compatibility
- How to Repair a Broken Garbage Disposal
- Cleaning & Maintaining (i) Use a disposer cleaner to relieve objectionable odors caused by buildup or grind citrus fruit peels to freshen up drain area. (ii) Use a sponge to wipe the splash guard. A bottle brush works well for cleaning both the underside and top of splash guard. (iii) Disposer Odor Removal
- Do’s & Dont’s per Model
- How a Disposer Works
- Why Have a Disposer
Like many products, pricing reflects the amount of warranty coverage included.
- Warranty ranges from 1 year on the Badger 1…to 7 years on the Essential Excel®.
- All models include In-Home Parts And Labor Service.
In my experience and opinion, I view InSinkErator® as a top disposer brand for customer service, guidance, and product choice. Pricing is competitive, there are models for any use and budget, products are readily available at many home improvement stores, and the InSinkErator website is first class for disposer information.
Waste Disposer Brands
Based on the information listed above, I’ve never felt the need to stray from the InSinkErator garbage disposal brand, but for those that like to have options, we have put together a list of alternatives.