Paper towels don’t have the durability for certain cleanups, and ruining a linen towel for spills or leaks that may contain harsh chemicals or dyes may not make much sense either. Having the right disposable cleaning rags and shop towels will minimize cleanup efforts.
SEE ALSO: Absorbency Mats and Rolls
- These durable and absorbent towels can handle a multitude of projects: staining, painting, cleaning tools and hands, or wiping up small spills.
- Composition can range from delicate, to more aggressive, and low lint for glass cleaning.
- Rolls are sized to fit a standard paper roll holder.
Home improvement and hardware stores (check paint and household cleaning product section) will carry more common general purpose towels and rags, but when in need of more specific wipes with a higher absorbency, chemical resistant or hold up to wet use better, check online.
- Kimberly Clark (Scott and Wypall) Note: A reply from Scott® stated there is no physical difference between the shop towels (blue) and cleaning rags (white). Only the color varies.
- New Pig Corporation (All Wipers)
- Sellars (Rags – Shop Towels – Wipers)
- Tork (ShopMax – Wiper Dispensers)