Sherwin-Williams does an exceptional job with their Color Forecast – Color of the Year. You’ll find sophisticated and cozy room ideas with thought out color palettes to complement the setting. By pairing the right color combination, as the images show, a room has endless dazzling possibilities.
Sherwin-Williams appears to have toned down their 2016 COTY compared to the past few years. Alabaster (SW 7008) is the top pick for this year, and provides a no-nonsense subtle approach, with a focus on calmness. In many ways, this can be very beneficial in providing years of neutral happiness, yet with some tips from Sherwin-Williams, you can still make a room vibrate with the right harmony.
- It can be paired with light blushes or grays and bridge transitional and traditional styles.
- You can create a yin and yang harmony with contrasting dark colors, such as Urbane Bronze (SW 7048) or Gray Area (SW 7052) in a spa-like bathroom.
The phrase “Upbeat and optimistic, the perfect mélange of pink, orange and red that can be used to liven up any space.”, is used to describe Coral Reef (SW 6606)
- Pair Coral Reef with Cotton White ( SW 7104) ,Black Fox (SW 7020) or other floral hues and lush greens.
- You can relax this bold color slightly by pairing it with warm neutrals such as Sedate Gray (SW 6169) or buttery yellows like Hubbard Squash (SW 0044).
- Driftwood, medium wood tones and metal finishes also complement its flower-garden hue.
- For vintage quality that’s hard to beat, Coral Reef and aged matte brass make a perfect pair.
Whether by fate, chance, or timing, Sherwin-Williams 2014 Color of the Year, Exclusive Plum (SW 6263) may be the answer for those who have moved into a new home and need some wall color ideas, or that inspiration to finally address adding some life into an existing room.
This dusky, filtered violet is refined without being stuffy, elegant yet easy, and layered with romantic potential.
Exclusive Plum works well in a masculine environment. When following the guidelines of pairing “with accents of copper and well-worn leather”, the cool blue hue with a detection of gray can create a rich and inviting feeling.
- This color is so flexible, that when mixed with more neutral and vivid colors, you now have a beautiful modern environment.
- Accompanied with light creams, beige, and whites can make a room feel welcoming, yet very airy and light.
- Many times a color can be appealing, but not as the primary. Exclusive Plum 6263 works nicely as an accent color to liven the environment. Use to draw attention to a specific area.