If you’ve ever been in the position where you tried to match paint, replace a faucet part, tried to find replacement or matching hardware, along with numerous other reasons, you’ll appreciate the value in creating and retaining a home maintenance log for easy reference.
- New or recent smoke and carbon monoxide alarms (can be written on detector sticker as well)
- Window and door weatherstripping maintenance & replacement
- Regular exterior caulking of windows
- Regular caulking replacement of shower and bath areas
- Recent replacement of receptacles and switches. These items do eventually wear out.
- Sump pump replacement (if applicable)
- Insulation upgrades to better seal the home and make it more efficient